11/6/12

Kpop and more!

PC Bangs are a popular location for young Koreans to enjoy PC games and access the internet.

The effect the internet has not only has touched the popular music market in Korea, but also connects the video gaming industry and other aspects of entertainment. In Seoul, PC Bangs are about as common as Starbucks here in America, and offer a lot more fun. For example, a young Korean might go here and pay some money to play one of the most popular PC games in Korea- "Starcraft."

When I used to watch Koreans play Starcraft competitively through internet streams, I would usually hear Kpop playing in the background. The song I remember hearing the most is Hyuna's wildly popular "Bubble Pop." Watching these live streams not only exposed me to Korea's gaming culture, but to the entertainment industry and more. Kpop concerts are also often held at the most major gaming tournaments.

For me, Kpop and Starcraft go together like peanut butter and jelly. Like icing and cake. Like young idols bouncing around on stage and space marines fighting for their lives against a bloodthirsty race of aliens. Yep.



1 comment:

  1. That's crazy, finding a PCbang is as easy as finding a Starbuck's here. Do we have any "PCbang" locations here in Greensboro. There is one in my hometown and that is where I first played Guitar Hero, haha.

    ReplyDelete